Saturday, July 12, 2008

we are making a difference

I'm often asked, by those with signs in their yards, if we're making a difference. I received an email this week and I'd like to share it with you here:

I wanted to write and commend you for the work you are doing to save the character and charm of Old Leawood. We were driving through the area last Saturday as we are thinking of purchasing a house there. We went down one street and I saw this huge new house on a small lot and I thought "Oh no, they're tearing down the ranch houses and putting in houses like you would see in South JoCo." Then we started noticing the yard signs about preserving Old Leawood. We weren't exactly sure what they were about so we can home and looked it up on the internet. I was pleasantly surprised to find your site.

I hope your work and those of your neighbors will put a stop to the developers wanting to build homes that are so out of place. We love the area and hope to become part of the neighborhood in the near future. Good luck to you on your fight to save Old Leawood.

Patti Mason


Thank you Patti Mason for your kind email and thank you to all of those that have been a huge part of this experience.

People do look to Old Leawood for charm and character. Let's not disappoint them by destroying the character of this beautiful area.

No comments: