Tuesday, April 22, 2008

yard signs are sprouting up

Neighbors for the preservation of Old Leawood signs are sprouting up all over.

These signs were created to help with the awareness of what is happening in Old Leawood. It's also a way for homeowners to show their support in accepting growth in our neighborhood and trying to find a balance between the old and the new.

In addition the signs are a way to let people know about this blog. They can then ask questions, leave comments and keep up with what is happening in Old Leawood.

Do you want to show your support by having a sign in your yard? Contact me at traybella@hotmail.com/ and let me know you're interested!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for creating this blog. I live in old Leawood and went on a walk this morning when I saw one of the yard signs about one second after I saw a sickening thing...the spot where one day earlier one of our huge trees which help create the canopy over our streets had stood. There is now only the stub of a trunk about 3 1/2 feet in diameter. I hope these signs will drive people to this blog which may heighen people's awareness of the preciousness of such things. Even though this tree may have seemed to have been on someone's property to do with as they please (although I am not so sure that is true...would the city of Leawood have something to say about that?), the destruction of that tree is a loss to the whole neighborhood.

tiki said...

tiki said...I also thank you for taking the time to develop a way to communicate with our neighbors. What a great idea. I have also noticed the yard signs throughout the neighborhood, it is obvious there are many neighbors concerned about preserving the character of OUR neighborhood. I have also noticed that Sunday morning some of the signs were missing out of a few yards, and at 8am it is not for mowing. How sad that someone feels they must steal yard signs instead of standing up and making their feelings known. I feel sorry for someone who feels they must resort to petty thievery instead acting in a mature manner.